The original Dumbleton Hall can be traced from around 1534 as the home of the Cocks family for over 200 years. After the death of Sir Richard Cocks in the late 18th century the Hall fell into disrepair and was eventually demolished.
Rebuilt in the mid 19th century using Cotswold stone, Dumbleton Hall became home to the Eyres family and in the 1930′s the Hall was well known for its popular house parties with regular guests including John Betjeman, later to become Poet Laureate, and the popular Mitford sisters.
During the Second World War the Hall was allegedly considered as a suitable alternative venue for the House of Lords.
The Hall became a hotel in 1959.