General Terms & Conditions
1. “The Client” means the person, firm, company or organisation making the booking. “The Hotel” refers to the hotel owned by Dumbleton Hall Hotel Property Company Ltd and operated by Dumbleton Hall Hotel Company Ltd.
2. “The Company” means “Dumbleton Hall Hotel”, owned by Dumbleton Hall Hotel Property Company Ltd and operated by Dumbleton Hall Hotel Company Ltd.
3. “The Hotel” means “Dumbleton Hall Hotel”, owned by Dumbleton Hall Hotel Property Company Ltd and operated by Dumbleton Hall Hotel Company Ltd.
4. Words importing the singular number shall include the plural number, words importing the plural number shall include the singular number.
5. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions a booking is the provision by the Company either individually or by combination, of overnight accommodation, food, conference facilities and special function facilities and related services.
6. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions a booking is for the period stated on the booking form. The first date of such a period being referred to in these Terms and Conditions as the “Commencement Date”.
7. No booking shall be binding on the Company until it has been accepted in writing by the Company and the Company has received the Client’s deposit or credit/debit card guarantee.
8. Unless otherwise agreed by the Company in writing, the price payable for the booking shall be the current price of the Company at the date of the stay.
9. These conditions shall apply to the booking to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions and the provisions of these conditions shall prevail unless expressly varied in writing and signed by a director of the Company. Any concession made or latitude allowed by the Company to the Client shall not affect the strict rights of the Company under these conditions. If in any particular case any of these conditions shall be or be held to be invalid or shall not apply to the booking the other conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
10. A provisional booking will be secured on receipt of the deposit specified by the Company at the time of booking. The deposit must be received by the Company within seven days from the date of booking, failing this the Company shall be entitled to cancel the provisional booking.
11. For corporate bookings written confirmation of the booking on the letter headed paper of the company concerned is required.
12. Credit references may be required by the Company for corporate bookings.
13. For conferences and other functions including but not limited to weddings and banquets, an indication of the number of people attending must be given by the Client at the time of booking. For residential conferences and functions requiring overnight accommodation a rooming list must be received by the Company seven days prior to the conference or function date. Confirmation of the final number attending must reach the Company at least two working days prior to the date of the conference. This will be the minimum number on which Client charges will be based. Numbers above this minimum will be charged at the appropriate rate.
14. Day and residential conference packages are based on a minimum booking of ten people. Bookings of less than ten are charged at the individual rate.
15. Publicity for functions at the Hotel must be agreed by the Company in advance and should be of such a standard as the Company may determine in order to reflect the quality of the Hotel.
18. Children occupying separate rooms will be charged the adult tariff.
20. No stands, displays or signs may be erected at the Hotel without the prior written agreement of the Hotel manager.
21. Bookings are personal to the Client and may not be assigned or transferred by the client.
22. Deposits can be paid by Credit Card (American Express, Mastercard, Visa), Debit Card (Switch, Delta, Mastercard, Visa).
22.1 Deposits can not be paid by Cheque, Cash, BACS or CHAPS.
Payment of Accounts
23. Balance of accounts are payable in full by the Client at the Hotel on conclusion of the stay.
23.1 The Hotel accept payments by Credit Card (American Express, Mastercard, Visa), Debit Card (Switch, Delta, Mastercard, Visa).
24. Bookings may only be cancelled by the Client by giving notice to the Company and on cancellation the following terms will apply as from receipt of written confirmation by the Company of cancellation.
25. We strongly advise that cancellation insurance is taken out. Insurance recommendations can not be made by The Hotel and must be decided upon by The Client.
26. The following conditions apply to equipment brought to the Hotel by the Client.
26.1 The Client must obtain the Hotel’s prior written agreement to the use of all materials or equipment (“Equipment”) brought to the Hotel by himself or by a third party.
26.2 All Equipment must comply with any current regulations or statutes in force at the time.
26.3 The Client agrees to pay the Hotel’s charges for any and all electricity used in connection with the Equipment that are additional to those normally expected i.e heating, lighting and small electrical equipment e.g computers, faxes.
26.4 The Hotel does not accept responsibility for the Client’s Equipment.
26.5 No incendiary or explosive devices may be brought under any circumstances within the Hotel or grounds.
27. Clients who wish to bring a dog(s) to the Hotel must seek the prior agreement of the Hotel Manager. When dogs are accepted by the Hotel a charge will be made.
28. All sums stated in these conditions are inclusive of VAT which (if applicable) will be charged by the Company and payable by the Client.
29. The Company shall not be liable for any costs, claims, damages or expenses arising out of any negligence or any act or omission or any breach of contract or statutory duty calculated by reference to profits, income production or accruals or any other consequential loss of whatsoever nature.
Default or Insolvency of the Client
30. If the Client shall be in breach of any of its obligations under these conditions or if the Buyer shall commit any act of bankruptcy or if any bankruptcy petition to be presented against him or (if the Client is a company) if any resolution or petition to wind up such company be passed or presented or if the receiver, administrative receiver or administrator of the whole or any part of such company’s undertaking, property or assets shall be appointed the Company in its discretion and without prejudice to any other right or claim may by notice in writing determine wholly or in part any and every booking between the Company and the Client.
Limitation of Liability
31. The aggregate liability of the Company (whether in contract or for negligence or breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever) to the Client for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused shall be limited to and in no circumstances shall exceed the price of the booking.
32. No statement, description, information, warranty, condition or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list, advertisement or communication or made verbally by any of the Company’s agents or employees shall be constructed to enlarge, vary or override in any way any of these conditions.
33. The Company shall be entitled to delay or cancel the booking if and to the extent that it is prevented from or hindered in or delayed in providing the booking through any circumstances beyond its control including (but not limited to) strikes, lock-outs, war, accidents, war, fire, pandemic, global pandemic, reduction in or unavailability of power at manufacturing plant, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from normal sources of supply.
34. The booking shall in all respects be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be deemed to have been made in England and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.